Would you like to give the gift of helping someone with a life-limiting illness live their life to the fullest? We invite you serve as a volunteer with us at Virginia Home Health & Hospice. Please join our hospice family in providing comfort and companionship by sharing your time and talents with our special hospice patients. Our hospice team is here to guide, encourage and cheer you on in this rewarding journey.
What does a volunteer do?
There are many different types of volunteers and many ways to get involved. Below is a list of volunteer types:
- Provide intermittent respite to families/caregivers
- Read and actively listen to patients
- Run errands, grocery shopping, laundry, light housekeeping, prepare meals,walk pets, etc.
- Offer outings and companionship for patients
- Assist with writing memoirs and capturing your life story
- Socialize with patients
Did you know?
- Training is provided at no cost.
- Volunteer locations throughout the counties we serve.
- Daytime, evening and weekend options available.
- Volunteer from home.
- Volunteer a few hours a week, a couple hours a month, or one-time opportunities.
- No experience or medical background necessary.
For more information on how to become a Hospice Volunteer call 276-686-6321 or download and print the Volunteer Application. Once you complete the application and submit by fax or mail one of our Hospice Team members will contact you right away.